SDJA Report Card, By Chaim Heller, Head of School
As the school-year comes to a close, I’d like to share a few data points indicating the results of the hard work of our students and teachers this year. There is much to make us proud.
Early Childhood Center
- Preschool enrollment increased for the 4th consecutive year.
- Construction has begun on a new ECC outdoor playground and learning environment that is scheduled to open on the first day of school.
- Jewish holiday camps are now offered at the ECC throughout the year and are very popular and well-attended.
Golda Meir Lower School
- Based on nationally-normed testing, 45% of grade 1-5 students score in the top 10% in reading, and 47% score in the top 10% in math.
- Our 1st – 5th graders as an aggregate test in the top 10% of all private schools nationally in reading and math
- Our students equal or exceed the rate of growth in independent schools nationally on every single sub-test, based on ERB national testing.
- 66 students entered and prepped for the Mission Innovation San Diego interscholastic competition. SDJA teams took 11 of the top 25 awards.
Maimonides Upper School
- 55% of our graduates were accepted into top-50 colleges and universities, receiving $3.5 million in merit-based financial aid.
- 3 students named National Merit Commended Students, including one finalist.
- 36 students in our Innovation Institute presented original proposals for funding at “Shark Tank” style conference at UCSD Rady School of Management.
- Average ACT scores are in top 10% nationally.
- A+ ranking, in top 2% of high schools nationally according to niche.com.
None of this is possible without the passion and dedication of our teachers. They are truly the heart and soul of SDJA. I hope you’ll find an opportunity to thank them in the coming days.
Wishing you and your family a delightful, fun-filled summer. See you in August!